Moringa Powder Recipe - Chocolate Green Nut Butter Cups
Food blogger Eli Brecher shows us how to make delicious Chocolate Green Nut Butter Cups with Moringa Powder.
Moringa is one of the most nutrient-dense foods you can buy and is perfect for adding into smoothies, recipes, juices & drinks for a nutritious boost. Why not give these Moringa butter cups a go?
- 80g dark chocolate (I used 80% cacao)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cashew butter
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon moringa powder
- Handful of goji berries for decoration (optional)
- - Line a mini muffin tin with small cupcake liners
- - Melt the chocolate over a low heat in a saucepan and pour about 1 tablespoon into the bottom of each cupcake liner, to thinly cover the bottom. Tilt so the chocolate goes up the sides slightly. Make sure you only use half the chocolate mixture for this step. Place these in the freezer for about 10 minutes to set
- - Meanwhile, make the filling. Add the cashew butter, maple syrup, honey, sea salt and moringa powder to a small bowl and whisk well until fully combined
- - Remove from the freezer and place about 1 teaspoon of the nut butter filling over the chocolate in each liner
- - Pour enough of the chocolate mixture over the filling to cover it completely. Sprinkle with a couple of goji berries
- - Return to the freezer for at least 15 minutes until completely hardened (about 30 minutes)
- - Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks, or freezer for much longer.
About Eli Brecher
Eli is a London-based food blogger and recipe developer with a passion for sharing her delicious healthy recipes – and a weakness for nut butter!
Eli created her blog in 2015 during her first year at university, when she was struggling with her health while balancing a busy student life. Since then she has worked with a wide range of brands in the food and wellness world, while spending the last year living in Paris and Madrid. Follow along as she shares her tasty and nourishing recipes on @cerealandpeanutbutter and www.elibrecher.co.uk.